Monday, May 9, 2011

Three Projects!

I currently find myelf in the middle of three rather large projects.

  • The first is the Arwen Chase Dress from LOTR FOTR. I've been working on and off for years, but the difficulty exceeded my skill when I first began. My goal now is to finish by the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Theatrical Event June 14th so I can actually have an occasion to wear it. Yay!

  • The second is a renaissance dress modeled off one of Queen Elizabeth's gowns. The bulk of the actual dress is complete. I just need to hem it, but I can't do that without wearing a farthingale underneath. But in order to make one I first need to acquire a ridiculous amount of steel boning. I also need to get a busk for the corset, make the french hood and bum roll, and put the finishing touches on the chemise. I would like to finish this dress in time to wear it for the Renaissance Festival this year. That should be no problem as long as I can get the materials I need.

  • Finally, I am trying to organize the horrendous pile of fabric and scraps that just keeps accumulating. I bought comic book boards to wrap fabric around. Then I'll put them on my shelf all pretty like. I'll finish this project whenever it's done I guess.

Overall I'm very excited about starting this blog. I'll start taking and posting pictures of my projects as they progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment