Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Historical Review

This past year I took a class called Costume History and Theory. It was an absolutely amazing class, and I learned a ridiculous amount in one semester. Melanie Schuessler is an excellent and very knowledgeable teacher. She wore costumes to class corresponding with the lectures of the day. I now wish I had taken pictures...Anyway, I am going to be posting the slides we were shown accompanied by my notes. This is for personal use as I cannot guarantee its accuracy. As awesome as the class was, some days I was more alert than others. The amount of notes was also influenced by my personal interest in the subjects, how I was feeling that day, how much sleep I had gotten the night before, whether I was worried about my next class, and so on and so forth. I may have misheard or misunderstood pieces of information as well. Despite all of that, there is still a great amount of information I'd like to keep handy for the rest of my life and I don't trust that the paper notes I have will stay safe forever. It'll be a laborious process posting it all to this blog, but I think it will be worth it. Plus I'll get an excellent review of the material in the process. I just wish I could format the pages better, but that's future Haley's problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment