Saturday, May 14, 2011

Arwen Chase Dress Progress

I am making excellent progress on the Chase Dress. I'm pretty exited about it. I'm optimistic about finishing it in time to wear it to the theater.



This is the belt buckle I made years ago. I randomly found it in my basement this weekend. I just gave it a fresh coat of shiny silver paint. It looks so much better now. I'm not super happy with the overall shape. It seems a bit too big. I'd like to remake it at some point if I have time, but it'll suffice for now.



The above picture is of the upper sleeves. The left is the wax tracing, and the right is painted in metallic silver. I am so happy with how this turned out.



This is the inside of the collar. I used silver puffy paint to make the design. I had read somewhere that it's uncomfortable up against the neck, but I didn't know any other way to do it. I hope it's not that bad. Although I would have liked thinner lines, I'm pretty happy with out this turned out too.



These are the front over and under panels of the skirt. I fray checked the over skit so it wouldn't fray, and that turned out nicely. I had to serge the underskirt though. Let's just pretend it was a magical elfish serger.



No comments:

Post a Comment