Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Steampunk Gun Progress

So I know that the Steampunk Expo is over, but I had so much fun making stuff for it that I didn't want to stop. This is the gun on which I started working, but didn't finish it in time. This gun started it's life as a pathetic dollar store wanna-be nerf gun that didn't even work. It was a gross neon purple and green. Alex helped me spray paint the base coat, we added the top of a candle holder to the front, painted some complimentary colors and VOILA! a cute little steampunk gun. Actually, I'm still not quite finished. I want to paint more details and rough it up a bit. I'm also thinking of adding some leather to the handle. Someday I'll make a holster in which it can live and another gun to keep it company. Someday when I have time...

No comments:

Post a Comment