Monday, June 27, 2011

Sideless Surcoat

I'm starting a new project because I just can't seem to help myself. I've decided to make a new peasant type costume to wear to the Renaissance Festival. I loved kickin around in my old one because it didn't matter if it got dirty. The fantasy lover in me wanted to make the Eowyn Refugee Dress, but the underdress fabric proved difficult to find. I also hate the yellow rope used to tie the sides together. The color has always bugged me. I also fear that I don't have the skill to execute the pattern properly, and if I can't do this costume right it would kill me.




I decided to go down a more historically accurate avenue; however I am going to stick with the general Refugee Dress color scheme. Check out the beginnings of my sideless surcoat!


No comments:

Post a Comment